The Technical Product Owner will be responsible for translating market trends, sales team feedback, and customer needs into a comprehensive product and systems offering to yield a profitable and growing business. This person will help the company maintain a competitive and technological lead.
• Effectively translate business and product strategies into roadmaps and product specifications that deliver
against our core customer value propositions and our company strategic and financial goals.
• Manage the creation and maintenance of user stories and business requirements based on Voice of Customer
(VOC) for new features and enhancements.
• Lead product design, development, and production reviews with Business Development (BD) Team to validate
customer and market viability of product design and deployment.
• Develop hands-on, in-depth knowledge of competitive products and maintain technical analysis of strengths
• Coordinate beta testing of new products and features. Document and report problems to recommend
solutions/improvements. Participate in product performance benchmarking activities.
• Research, secure, and maintain outside suppliers for the product portfolio, as needed.
• Product life cycle management to insure maintenance of Bill of Materials (BOMs) and product profitability
through component obsolescence
• Serve as primary product expert.
• Provide technical sales support to BD team including discovery calls, field visits, and implementation.
• Build and maintain product training and sales tools for sales team, distributor sales team, and reps. This
includes application notes, FAQs, product notes, user guides, presentations, online content and demos.
• Ability to travel (20%)
• BS degree in engineering, preferably E.E.
• Requires 3 years’ experience as a product owner, or project manager with in a complex or technical industrial
B2B market category, preferably electronics. Professional experience tied to:
• Understanding project management processes in an industrial environment.
• Market development for new and existing IoT or Telematics products.
• Complex multidisciplinary solutions. i.e. hardware, embedded software, cloud services, networking, etc.
• Demonstrated portfolio and pipeline management skills.
• Requires excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with employees,
customers, and suppliers.
• Requires the ability to use a personal computer including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software
• It is desirable for the incumbent to have attained additional business-related education, such as an MBA.
• Experience in developing End-to-End Solutions including hardware, firmware, software, and web experience.
• Background working with Linux (CLI – Command Line Interface) & Application Programming Interfaces (API)
• Experience using CRM software
applybb7 and its Clients are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, disability, age, membership in an employee organization, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. We participate in E-Verify.