The Senior Software Engineer is passionate about software development best practices, experienced at understanding the problem domain, participates in soliciting requirements by interviewing stakeholders, ingests standards documents, and complies with government regulations and documented industry standards. When executing their duties, they adhere to established new product development (NPD) processes and strive for continuous improvement. This role will not only utilize technical skills in an agile environment, but is ideal for an organized self-starter, with good communication skills, who enjoys mentoring, collaborating, and troubleshooting.
- Work in an agile team culture closely collaborating and mentoring team members.
- Participate in developing clear project requirements based on (internal/external) customer needs, government regulations, and industry standards.
- Helps establish and support a project plan and schedule to meet and achieve project deliverables as defined by the project requirements.
- Design, develop, document, and review software to product\project requirements.
- Design, develop, document, and review build pipelines.
- Ensure product compliance to adopted company/industry standard specifications for software quality.
- Create and maintain product documentation such as technical data sheets and manuals.
- Write reports, letters, comprehensive design proposals, and progress reports.
- Design and perform verification and validation testing on products and sub-assemblies to confirm hardware and/or software performance to design standards, requirements, and/or industry standards. This will include manual, unit, and/or automated testing.
- Resolve issues that are preventing shipment of products.
- Identify, track, and correct software defects.
- Remain current in new software engineering technology and best practice through study and continuing education.
- Provide technical expertise and aid to customers. This may include travel to customer’s site to commission and/or troubleshoot products. Travel by plane and/or automobile and overnight stays may be required including international travel.
- Present information orally and in writing to technical and managerial personnel and to small groups.
- Collaborate with operations, project management, and business development to release new or updated products via engineering changes and/or deviations.
- Aid Business Development in developing formal responses to customer requests for product quotations (RFQ)
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance to resolve any product related issues including root cause analysis of returns.
- Collaborate with and direct outsourced vendors.
- BA/BS Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, or similar
- 5+ years’ experience working in a design and development role for software in an industry servicing the OEM market.
- Experience being assigned multiple tasks and completing them while being self-directed.
- Experience successfully collaborating, mentoring, and influencing others.
- Proficient computer literacy for Windows based computers. MS Office experience preferred.
- Proficient with standard programming concepts, practices, and procedures
- Proficient with standard problem-solving\trouble shooting skills (such as 5 Why, Fish bone, etc.)
- Proficient with implementing unit tests for software including test driven development.
- Proficient with implementing build pipelines.
- Proficient in defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions.
- Proficient with C
- Proficient with working with hardware, schematics, and datasheets.
- Proficient with developing drivers for microcontroller peripherals.
- Proficient with developing boot loaders and flash reprogramming.
- Proficient with test equipment such as emulators, debuggers, multimeters, and oscilloscopes to debug and verify proper operation of system software.
applybb7 and its Clients are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, disability, age, membership in an employee organization, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. We participate in E-Verify.