bb7 has partnered with our client, a global leader in medical device technology & innovation, to fill the position of Test Systems Software Engineer. This is a direct hire opportunity in Madison, WI. Relocation assistance is provided.
Working in cross-functional & global teams, the Test Systems Software Engineer is responsible for the design and development of test system software & hardware within the operations environments of the global supply chain. This role will develop technical improvements for existing products & components, as well as develop distributed software applications for real-time automated test system solutions.
As a federal government contractor, the client requires U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they receive an approved medical or religious accommodation. Proof of vaccination will be required.
Key responsibilities/essential functions include:
- Lead test system development on National Instruments based standard test platform for new product introductions, including concept, architecture, documentation, design, prototype, test, supplier interfaces, manufacturing introduction and service
- Identify hardware in test system and design product interface fixture needed to fulfil product test requirements
- Ensure early focus on manufacturability in NPI and/or Advanced Technology programs; exhibit thoroughness in process capability assessment, process layout, tooling and equipment development and QMS Design Transfer execution
- Confirm regulatory compliance through Qualification & Validation; demonstrate rigor in determining processes requiring validation, development of plans and analysis criteria, execution and final analysis and acceptance
- Work with systems teams to generate requirements and software/system design
- Leverage Agile and Lean software development methodologies to drive reliability upstream into the software development life cycle
- Design and build strong testing infrastructure to minimize dependency on hardware
- Drive design reviews, define interfaces between code modules, and apply existing technology to designs
- Monitor and improve productivity through the use of Lean Six Sigma or related tools, while ensuring all customer commitments are timely and cost-conscious and met with quality
- Influence cross-functional teams to implement quality actions and mentor team members
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- 4 years’ experience in development of automated test systems
- Minimum of 6 years of post-bachelor professional experience in related field OR Master’s degree with 4 years of post-doctorate professional experience related field
- Minimum of 5 years National Instruments LabView and/or Test Stand experience
- Demonstrated experience designing and developing automated test systems into manufacturing environment.
- Experience developing test system documentation deliverables such as BOM, schematics, detailed design documents, qualification protocols, user manuals, etc.
- Program or project management skills
- Lean Six Sigma certification
- Strong problem-solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
- Experience in building scalable and highly available distributed systems