bb7 is partnering with our medical device client in Madison, WI to fill this business critical role. This is a direct hire opportunity.
The Test Architect will provide technical leadership, planning, prioritization, and support for key manufacturing test productivity & new product introduction (NPI) projects. Influence and collaborate with design engineering, suppliers, supplier management, manufacturing plants, and field service teams to integrate global activities, and achieve project goals. The Test Architect is recognized as a key technology leader within the test engineering domain.
As a federal government contractor, the client requires U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they receive an approved medical or religious accommodation. Proof of vaccination will be required.
Key responsibilities/essential functions include:
- Engage key NPI program teams, ensure early focus on DFT analyses, CTQ flow-down & rationalization, test strategy development, robust equipment design, and wing-to-wing test quality/capability.
- Ensure early focus on DFT in NPI and/or Advanced Technology programs. Drive rigor in process capability assessment, Lean process layout, tooling and equipment development and QMS Design Transfer execution
- Engage key suppliers and field service teams to understand top defects and develop plans (within NPI and Lean Test) to resolve the most significant defect detection gaps.
- Work with Value Stream test engineers and plant leadership to assess and build a Lean Test roadmap to ensure necessary planning for S2.
- Drive improved product quality & productivity by identifying supplier and manufacturing issues, utilizing Lean, Six-Sigma, & Technology to develop cost-effective solutions, and overseeing successful implementation into production
- Monitor and measure productivity improvements, while ensuring all customer commitments are timely and cost-conscious and met with quality
- Drive test platform/process standardization across the value stream.
- Evaluate and propose P&E/NRE make/buy strategies for tactical test equipment development, balancing complexity versus resource constraints.
- Ability to collaborate and lead in a global environment, across cultures, geographies, and time zones.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related field 5+ years of industrial experience in a manufacturing environment, with demonstrated experience leading the deployment of test equipment, tooling, test methods, and business or industry best practices
- Demonstrated ability to lead large-scale projects, with special focus on design for testability, manufacturing productivity, technology, and automation
- Demonstrated strategic thinker; strong influencing skills; resourceful and inclusive.
- Comfortable working thru pushback
- Experience working with global teams
- Willingness to travel up to 10%
- 10+ years industrial experience in Manufacturing Engineering or Test Engineering
- Experience or knowledge of National Instruments LabView, TestStand, LabWindows CVI, PXI based test equipment, or other complementary test software and hardware architectures
- 6-sigma DMAIC BB/MBB certified
- Experience in HLA and Process Intensive manufacturing
- Product and Process Development experience
- Solid working knowledge of QMS procedures for GMP
- Experience driving big ROI manufacturing productivity projects
- Experience working in a highly regulated manufacturing environment (i.e. medical, aviation)