bb7 is looking for a senior design engineer to work for one of our consumer products clients located in a western suburb of Chicago. This is a direct-hire opportunity with bb7’s client.
- A deeply experienced professional having wide-ranging knowledge. Uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Has advanced and specialized expertise, developed through a combination of job-related training and considerable on-the-job experience.
- Completes assignments and facilitates the work activities of others; may help coordinate work beyond own area.
- Proposes and implements improvements to processes and problems.
- Works with minimal to no supervision within established procedures and practices.
- Consistently offers solutions and implements recommendations; takes ownership of the technical product. (SME in two areas).
- Leads internal design meetings with multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
- Completes all phases of complex design projects. Collaborates with others in setting project approach and goals.
- Reviews recommended improvements from less experienced engineers and oversees implementation.
- Designs the most complex test experiments. May use other engineering disciplines to design tests and analyze results. Oversees execution of test experiments. Reviews results and makes and implements recommendations based on the results.
- Uses status as a knowledge leader in area of expertise and functional knowledge across multiple engineering disciplines and program management to provide design and implementation leadership.
- Understands and applies latest technology in designs.
- May participate in activities related to protecting intellectual property.
- Defines requirements for and may design complex new tools to aid in the analysis and solving of complex problems.
- Initiates cross-company collaboration and develops positive relationships with other engineering disciplines and other functions, such as product management sales, manufacturing, and marketing to support client needs.
- Mentor of junior technical ladder members.
Note -this position has no supervisory responsibility.
- A 4-year bachelor of science degree in an appropriate engineering discipline (a bachelor of applied science degree will NOT be accepted) from an accredited institution in the U.S. or a comparable foreign university. At this level, post-graduate degree or coursework is desirable.
- High level of expertise in solid modeling (SolidWorks preferred).
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Superior conceptualization, visualization and creativity.
- Superior time management, prioritization & analytical problem solving.
- Ability to perform detail-oriented work with high degree of accuracy.
- Extensive design experience with plastics, sheet metal, metal castings (Die and sand) with knowledge of material specs and use.
- Extensive experience in new product design and development
- Advanced knowledge & experience of GD&T required
- Advanced Knowledge of tools (FMEA, DOE, FEA, 8D etc.) required
- Complies with record-keeping and file sharing conventions.
- Adaptable and able to adjust to ongoing changes and improvements.
- Experience with complex assemblies and mechanisms.
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Coaches, mentors less experienced engineers.
bb7 and its Clients are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, disability, age, membership in an employee organization, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. We participate in E-Verify.