bb7 is looking for a highly motivated and passionate Software Engineer to work with one of our medical device clients. This is a direct-hire position with our client and requires the selected employee to be onsite at their location in Atlanta. Relocation assistance is available. Visa sponsorship or transfer not provided. The Software Engineer will report to the Senior Director of Software Development in the Research & Development department.
The Software Engineer is responsible for software design, implementation, unit test, and documentation of Windows Embedded/IoT software applications, web applications, manufacturing and test software used in our client’s innovative line of medical device products. The individual develops software following the client’s procedures, IEC 62304, FDA guidance, and other applicable regulatory standards. This position makes use of and assists the team to enhance software tools, automation, and procedural processes to ensure world class software development.
- Design and implement graphical user interfaces, multi-threading applications, and multiple instrument and sensor interfaces for a Windows Embedded/IoT software application.
- Develop signal acquisition, digital signal processing and close-look control algorithms.
- Develops IoT interface to client’s Critical Care Cloud Service Platform.
- Develop software/firmware design, code, unit test, and required software documentation for the client’s combination medical devices and application services.
- Analyze user needs, system, and software requirements to determine feasibility of a software design within time and cost constraints.
- Confer with engineers, programmers, and other key stakeholders to design the system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements, and interfaces.
- Modify existing software/hardware/firmware to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- Creatively and independently provide resolution to technical problems in a cost-effective manner.
- Where necessary, oversee and develop patenting of intellectual property, inventions, and business processes.
- Perform risk management activities following the client’s operating procedures, ISO 14971, FDA guidance, and other international standards as required.
- Actively participate in design reviews, software architecture reviews, test readiness reviews, cross functional team discussions, risk assessments, code review, and unit test inspections.
- Serve as the technical expert in software development and provide guidance and mentoring to other team members.
- Identify, implement, and manage software development tools and procedures.
- Application, customization, systems integration, and evaluation of new technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline. Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering preferred.
- 5+ years software development experience, preferably in medical device or regulated industry.
- Proficient with Windows based embedded and IoT application development using C# and .NET.
- Proficient in embedded system design using C and C++.
- Experience developing IoT (WiFi / BLE) interfaces to cloud service platforms and mobile applications.
- Knowledge of web development standards – REST, SOAP, creating and testing APIs and database programming a must.
- Experience in all aspects of software product development lifecycles, Windows software development tools, and procedures.
- Experience with control systems, sensors, calibration, and signal analysis is a plus.
- Experience using Agile within a regulated software development processes a plus.
- Familiarity with risk management techniques and procedures.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards with acute attention to detail are keys to success.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects, plan for commitment, and complete software tasks in a timely manner without sacrificing quality of product under pressure.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Demonstrates versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
bb7 and its Clients are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, disability, age, membership in an employee organization, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. We participate in E-Verify.