bb7 is looking for a Controller to work with one of our clients who, as a self-starter, thrives working in a fun, dynamic environment with ample room for growth and development. The Controller position is responsible for day to day financial management, including cash management, oversight of payable and receivables, working on budgeting and risk management, enhancing accuracy of financial reports, and ensuring results comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). The Controller also works with the CEO to raise the financial literacy of the other team members.
- Primary management of all day to day financial activities
- Management of cashflow and cashflow planning tools
- Oversight of accounts payable and receivables processes and personnel
- Management of the month end closing process, ensuring accuracy and compliance with GAAP
- Support of the CEO in the execution of monthly financial reporting package
- Leads the annual budgeting process
- Development and maintenance of financial dashboards and KPIs
- Primary contact with external stakeholders
- Administration of relationship with external financial vendors, including auditors, tax preparers, payroll partners, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field required
- 5+ years of working at a public accounting firm (audit experience preferred) focused on private/public clients under $100 million
- Experience in working in a project-based manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with ShopTech E2 ERP systems ideal
- Strong technology skills using Microsoft Office 2007 or later (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook at a minimum, more applications preferred)
- QuickBooks experience preferred
- Active CPA license and MBA preferred
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Team player with a positive ‘can do’ approach
bb7 and its Clients are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, disability, age, membership in an employee organization, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. We participate in E-Verify.