bb7 is looking for a Continuous Improvement and Quality Manager to work with a client that manufacturers refrigerated display cases and refrigeration systems. This is a direct-hire position that will oversee the technical support functions, continuous improvement program, and quality operations.
- Plan and coordinate continuous improvement training/development programs to motivate personnel, improve skills, work habits and the ability to achieve satisfactory and reliable product results.
- In conjunction with other company leaders, implement lean enterprise tools company-wide to drive continuous improvements ensuring company goals are met. Be the recognized lean leader, supporting lean activity throughout the company.
- Provide technical assistance to production and supply chain in executing the effective procurement of materials, assembly of products and delivery of finished goods. Act in the capacity of chief problem solver in operational issues; continually identifying better, faster, and more effective processes for manufacturing, assembling, and delivering products.
- Work with engineering, supply chain, and production to identify cost savings opportunities company-wide to improve financial performance.
- Develops and recommends effective quality policies, programs, methods, procedures, and practices throughout company and its supply chain.
- Confers with the general manager in developing quality goals, which effectively support overall company objectives.
- Formulates and maintains quality control objectives and coordinates these objectives with production procedures in cooperation with plant supervisors and group leaders to maximize product reliability and minimize cost.
- Directs workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over raw materials and finished products.
- Plans, promotes, and organizes training activities related to continuous product quality and reliability.
- Manages corrective action program by conducting root-cause analysis (examining design, execution, materials, internal/external factors, etc.) until desired results are obtained.
- Develops, analyzes and maintains quality data for the purpose of measuring progress and providing feedback.
- Exercises judgement in the planning and sequence of assigned operations and in dealing with personnel matters.
- Works with all levels of personnel to identify and scope new process improvement opportunities in the areas of safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial or manufacturing engineering
- Master’s degree in business preferred
- 5+ years of related leadership experience as a manufacturing manager, continuous improvement/quality manager or manufacturing engineering manager
- Must have quality experience as part of scope of previous responsibilities
- Extensive experience implementing lean manufacturing concepts
- Experience implementing quality systems desired
bb7 and its Clients are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, disability, age, membership in an employee organization, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. We participate in E-Verify.