bb7 is looking for a Test Engineer to work with one of our Medical Device clients in Madison.
- Design and develop test system software and hardware within the operations environment of the global supply chain
- Lead test system development on National Instruments based standard test platform for new product introductions including concept, architecture, documentation, design, prototype, test supplier interfaces, manufacturing introduction and service
- Responsible for identifying hardware in test system and design product interface fixture needed to fulfil product test requirements
- Ensure early focus on manufacturability in NPI and/or Advanced Technology programs
- Ensure regulatory compliance through qualification & validation
- Responsible for working with systems teams to generate requirements and software/system design
- Responsible for software development life cycle
- Interact with global teams to promote consistency and maximize synergies across common software platforms
- Design and build strong testing infrastructure to minimize dependency on hardware
- Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas
- Drive design reviews, define interfaces between code modules, and apply existing technology to designs
- Responsible for test coverage, performance and on-time delivery
- Influence cross-functional teams to implement quality actions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or Software Engineering required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing automated test systems using TestStand and LabVIEW
- Documentation experience, preferably in the medical device industry
bb7 and its Clients are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, disability, age, membership in an employee organization, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. We participate in E-Verify.