bb7 is looking to hire a Controller who, as a self-starter, thrives in a fun, dynamic environment with ample room for growth and development.
The Controller position is responsible for day to day financial management of bb7, including cash management, oversight of payable and receivables, working on budgeting and risk management, enhancing accuracy of financial reports, and ensuring results comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). The Controller also works with the CEO to raise the financial literacy of the bb7 team members.
Primary management of all day to day financial activities at bb7, including:
- Management of cashflow and cashflow planning tools
- Oversight of accounts payable and receivables processes and personnel
- Management of the month end closing process, ensuring accuracy and compliance with GAAP
- Support of the CEO in the execution of monthly financial reporting package
- Leads the annual budgeting process
- Development and maintenance of financial dashboards and KPIs
- Administration of bb7’s relationship with external financial vendors, including auditors, tax preparers, payroll partners, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field required
- Active CPA license, MBA preferred
- 5-7 years of auditing experience at a public accounting firm working with private/public clients under $100 million
- Strong technology skills using Microsoft Office 2007 or later (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook at a minimum, more applications preferred)
- QuickBooks experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Team player with a positive ‘can do’ approach
bb7 provides a competitive salary, benefits package, and 401(k) options. We offer a culture that values its talented staff members and rewards creativity. We understand that the quality of our staff’s lives is reflected in the quality of their work.
bb7 is a comprehensive design and product development firm with a rich history in innovation and testing. The “b”s in bb7 come from Bjorksten Labs (founded in 1944) and BIT 7 (founded in 1992), which merged in 2000 to form bb7. Since then we’ve united pioneering research with excellence in design and engineering, testing and commercialization.
bb7 believes in a comprehensive, holistic approach to product development. That’s why we have so many capabilities under one roof (research, design, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, systems engineering, software development, prototyping, material science, product testing, and commercialization). Our teams have worked on subatomic particle research equipment in Antarctica, integrated Nobel Prize-winning technology into a medical device, and transformed a major consumer category with disruptive technology.
bb7’s product development experts operate out of a 35,000 sq. foot facility in Madison, Wisconsin which includes a product research and testing center, chemistry lab, assembly area and full shop. We have a wide array of tools including CNC machines, full model making, soft tooled castings, 3D printers, environmental testing chambers, and a state-of-the-art battery test system all of which enable prototyping, low volume production, and in-house fabrication. This allows engineers to keep ideas flowing while products are being modeled, tested and developed simultaneously.
We take immense pride in creating real solutions.
Submit Resumebb7 and its Clients are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, disability, age, membership in an employee organization, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. We participate in E-Verify.